I know you aren’t my dad, but I figured I’d give you a shot anyway. I love the summer! I love the summer. I love the swimming pools. I love music and fruity drinks and everything that goes along with it. The problem is:
Our neighbors and neighborhood do not have a lot of money. There is no excess capital available to pay for summer. Which means that we cannot afford to go to the club, or bring a club to us.
DAD, I guess what I’m asking you is:
How can you host a bash without any bread??
Surprisingly Easy!! All you need is
1 A local grocery store owner
2. A game in your garage or kitchen drawer that every one knows how to play (Corn Hole? Phase 10?
3. Let the store owner know that Your neighbors are hosting a Block Party. Let them know where and when. Let them know that, Because Corn Hole and Uno are popular and can be played at any age, all ages will be able to attend.
4. Ask the store owner if they would like to donate any one of 3 items:
A dozen packs of hot dogs (or)
A dozen 2 -Liter soft drinks (or)
Assorted bags if chips and dips
5, Let the neighbors know about the party, and what they will be asked to bring (1 – 2 Liter/Bag of Chips or pack of hot dogs)
6. Grab some 3X5 Cards out of your house, and use them to create invitations. You can drop it in the mail box in the morning or on your way to work, Or you can knock on doors in the evening around or after dinner time.
7. On the day of the gathering,, grab your BBQ grill and give it a quick but thorough cleaning
8. Ask the store owner if he or she would like to save a few words
Let the Games Begin??
9. You can play the games family against family or have everyone pull cards out of a hat and make your own family.
10. Before the party ends, ask the neighbors if they would like to haven anther Saturday gathering. If they say yes, then rotate the assignments and start all over next weekend.
Oh, how much does this event cost each participants? About $5 bucks!!
not bad for a party!